If you really want to learn about the Amish and what it’s like to leave the Amish, a great place to start is reading blogs by Amish (some progressive communities allow computers) and ex-Amish writers. On this page I will show a list of some of these blogs. Be sure to favorite the page as I will be adding to the list as time goes on. If you know of a relevant blog that is not listed, please leave a comment with the link and I will add it to the list.
Please be respectful of these writers. Many of them are not atheist like I am and some of them are beginning writers.
Here they are, not in any particular order:
- About Amish – by Saloma Furlong
- Project 365 – by Katie Troyer
- Pinecraft Sarasota – by Katie Troyer
- Growing Up Amish – Anna Dee Olson
- The Literary Party: The Poetic Life and Times of James Schwartz
- Ex Amish Gal
- Amish in the City Mose – Mose Gingerich
- Ira’s Writings – Ira Wagler
- A Joyful Chaos – Mary Ann Kinsinger
- Amish Descendant Scholarship Fund
- Der Reggeboge Freindschaft – Joseph Stalnaker